Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] greeting and question about AIS

Eric Freedman

MARK,

I would order the "radar unit "from Nasa. Otherwise I would order the black
box from NASA. It is so cheap.

The black box comes with computer software.

Before I was hit by lightning I used the "radar unit "and it was amazing.
Now that I have the new Raymarine E series

I get the Ais info on the Raymarine screen it is doubly amazing. I do not
see the need of ais at the helm. You will see the ship on radar and then use
the Ais to figure out your tactics. I have received Ais signals on my chart
plotter since it is rectangular at over 80 miles.

Fair Winds,

Eric

_____