Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Main furler motor issue

Bob Sarff <bob.sarff@...>

I'd check the brushes in the motor first.   That is the issue I've had in the past.  It can usually be fixed by gently tapping on the end of the Brush and/ or removing it and cleaning it.

Good luck

On Oct 15, 2017, at 7:42 PM, SV Garulfo svgarulfo@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi all,

The main furler motor stopped working yesterday. We wanted to unfurl the dail and it wouldn't go. The outhaul is ok.
Battery levels are fine (and the engine alternator was still running and producing amps at the time).
The command produces a click sound in what I think is the solenoid.
The circuit breaker marked "mast" in the forward cabin above the centre bookshelf /wardrobe is on (as are the other breakers there for "boom", etc).

Any further advice before I tinker any further? I would check the motor itself but having never done it, I'd rather be cautious with little local help at hand.

Thanks

Fair winds

Thomas
Garulfo