Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Main furler motor issue

Peter Forbes

Garulfo,

Try The brushes on the motor - just unscrew the little black retainers and clean them and replace - be careful the brushes are spring loaded. You have to remove the motor cover to access the brush retainers.

Good luck

Peter
Amel 54. #035
Grenada

On 15 Oct 2017, at 08:42, SV Garulfo svgarulfo@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi all,

The main furler motor stopped working yesterday. We wanted to unfurl the dail and it wouldn't go. The outhaul is ok.
Battery levels are fine (and the engine alternator was still running and producing amps at the time).
The command produces a click sound in what I think is the solenoid.
The circuit breaker marked "mast" in the forward cabin above the centre bookshelf /wardrobe is on (as are the other breakers there for "boom", etc).

Any further advice before I tinker any further? I would check the motor itself but having never done it, I'd rather be cautious with little local help at hand.

Thanks

Fair winds

Thomas
Garulfo