Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Which engine mount model was used on SM's with Volvo engines

Willem Kroes

Hi Mike,

I just contacted Vetus in the Netherlands and they told me that they specify those hydro mounts for max 60 kg weight each and for a maximum of 35 hp engines. They developed the engine mount for their 3 cylinder (Mitsubishi) boat engines.

Is the name ‘VETUS’ on the rubber on your mounts? What is your experience with these mounts?

Kind regards,

Willem Kroes

SM2k #351 “Kavanga”