Re: dropping vinyl ceiling

hibibif2006

Hi Lars,

many thanks for your replay. I have red what Mr. Potter wrote.
The produkt I ordered is from Gisa Tex and they write on their speks:

Areas of use

GISA TEX Isotherm and GISA TEX Isotherm Kaschiert, in soft napa
quality with classic grain effects, can be employed both as a premium
upholstery material and as a high-grade wall or ceiling covering. A
top class product.

Qualities

The surface material of PVC gives the product the necessary
waterproofing and resistance to mould, but also a look of luxury.
This material can cope with the demands of long-term use. The high
quality fleece backing layer is a great advantage when gluing and
serves as thermal and sound insulation.

The specification GISA TEX Isotherm Kaschiert additionally has 5 mm
of thermal foam and a layer of charmeuse (artificial silk) on the
back. This makes it an outstanding material for wall and ceiling
covering. Small
irregularities are covered up and the isulation value raised.

Instructions for use

GISA TEX Isotherm utilized as a wall covering is first roughly cut to
fit the space. The wall alone is coated with an emulsion adhesive. We
recommend the use of our type 1805 adhesive with a lambskin roller.
The fabric strips can then be directly applied to the layer of
adhesive and smoothed out carefully

Do you think this will be the wright product?

Tanks

Federico

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Lars Knudsen" <museum@...>
wrote:

Hi Bill and Federico

Be aware that this topic has been discussed quite a few times - and
by the
way, I have the exact same problem in my Santorin 1993 and is
considering
how to best handle it.

Joel Potter has posted some very useful information on how to do
this job -
and in fact advice to let professionals do the job as it requires
special
breathing equipment and splitting most of the boat interior. But I
have read
some remarks and also seen posts from a family who did the same job
during a
stop in Turkey where the boat was on the hard.

What interest me the most is exactly what material should be used
to not
have the same problem in ten year forward. Amel is now using some
kind of
felt-backed vinyl lining instead of the old with rubber foam. Does
anyone
have the specs and name/number on this material in the right colour?

And what is the exact type of glue to be used and how do one apply
it so we
not risk the lining coming down again after a short while.?

Hope you find what you need - I will follow your postings with great
interest!

Best regards

Lars

Santorin Salvagny #79