Re: Main furler motor issue

rossirossix4

Agree on everyone's comments about the brushes.  I am sure this is (widely?) known by many of us but in a sailing situation we have always--100%--had luck--both on our Santorin and our SM--with tapping/thumping the motor where it attaches to the white housing with a rubber mallet.  The idea is to shake the motor a bit without dislodging the white plastic protection housing.  This always seems to let let the motor operate an additional week (problem is usually carbon dust buildup from the brushes).  Not a long term fix but this can make a BIG difference in certain situations.  Also give you an instantaneous diagnosis of the problem.

Bob, KAIMI SM429, Previous SN86