Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Which engine mount model was used on SM's with Volvo engines

Mike Ondra

Willem.
I too had heard this. But after deeper research felt comfortable with these particular mounts. unfortunately I do not recall exactly the research process I went through. The mounts are identical to the original from Amel, always a good thing to do. I would be concerned about heavier mounts being too stiff and therefore not absorbing vibration as well.

Mike Ondra
ALETES   SM2000 #240
Rock Hall, MD Antigua bound November

On Oct 16, 2017, at 5:53 AM, 'Willem J. Kroes' kavanga@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thanks Mike for the information. I noticed this engine mount from Vetus earlier on the web, but I thought (and I also read it somewhere) that these mounts are for 2 and 3 cylinder and lighter engines.

Do you know if they also produce more heavier ones?

Kind regards,

Willem Kroes