Van: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Verzonden: maandag 16 oktober 2017 13:24
Aan: amelyachtowners@...
Onderwerp: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Which engine mount model was used on SM's with Volvo engines

Hi Willem,

All this is ringing a bell in my head. There have been discussions about this in the past. I believe (69 year old brain) that the Vetus mounts seem undersized because they are measured as such with a standard engine with a prop shaft, which puts forward force on the entire unit. Amels, with their wonderful C-drive, don’t have that problem.

If you do a search on “Vetus” on this site, keep going back to June 2016, which is when we replaced our mounts. There is a wealth of information there from other owners.

Tom Peacock

SM 240 Aletes

Chesapeake Bay, soon (not soon enough) Antigua

On Oct 16, 2017, at 6:11 AM, 'Willem J. Kroes' kavanga@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Mike,

I just contacted Vetus in the Netherlands and they told me that they specify those hydro mounts for max 60 kg weight each and for a maximum of 35 hp engines. They developed the engine mount for their 3 cylinder (Mitsubishi) boat engines.

Is the name ‘VETUS’ on the rubber on your mounts? What is your experience with these mounts?

Kind regards,

Willem Kroes

SM2k #351 “Kavanga”