Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Which engine mount model was used on SM's with Volvo engines

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Tom,

I agree with you. It is the no thrust situation in the Amel with its unique system of mounting that allows these vetus mounts to be used and that the mounts obtained as replacements are correct.

Danny

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 17 October 2017 at 00:23 "Thomas Peacock peacock8491@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Willem,

All this is ringing a bell in my head. There have been discussions about this in the past. I believe (69 year old brain) that the Vetus mounts seem undersized because they are measured as such with a standard engine with a prop shaft, which puts forward force on the entire unit. Amels, with their wonderful C-drive, don’t have that problem.

If you do a search on “Vetus” on this site, keep going back to June 2016, which is when we replaced our mounts. There is a wealth of information there from other owners.

Tom Peacock
SM 240 Aletes
Chesapeake Bay, soon (not soon enough) Antigua

On Oct 16, 2017, at 6:11 AM, 'Willem J. Kroes' kavanga@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Mike,

I just contacted Vetus in the Netherlands and they told me that they specify those hydro mounts for max 60 kg weight each and for a maximum of 35 hp engines. They developed the engine mount for their 3 cylinder (Mitsubishi) boat engines.

Is the name ‘VETUS’ on the rubber on your mounts? What is your experience with these mounts?

Kind regards,

Willem Kroes

SM2k #351 “Kavanga”