Re: points to check before buying 2003 Amel SM 2000

Chuck_Kim_Joy

Hi Steven,
As a recent buyer I will tell tell you one thing to watch for. Everyone will have their 'first and foremosts' but my recent experience is the bow thruster. Inspect it, know the parts and how they operate together, ask about the age of the parts. All original? Any spares. Not a show stopper but definitely plan on having a spare because this system is sooo important. Mine went out prior to my maiden voyage. I still got out for a week but forget about close quarter maneuvering or anything with strong wind or current. A new motor/actuator (the little one that moves the big one up & down) is not cheap, harder to come by as the months/years go on and a long lead time if you need one.

Chuck
s/v Joy #388