Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Island Pearl II - 2001 - SM2000 #332 For sale

islandpearl2_sm2k332

Hi Steve

Apology for the delayed response. This has taken some serious thought this week since Lauren is now definitely not doing the Indian Ocean crossing (or Red Sea if we sail that way instead) with me, and we have therefore been wondering about selling, or me sailing on alone.

Our final decision however is that I will sail on (with crew), and Lauren will join the boat again in the Caribbean (or Greece) and hence we will not be selling the boat during 2017/8.

I see on the forum that you may possibly have found a suitable 2003 model SM, so we do wish you all the very best of luck with that one.

These boats are absolutely fantastic, and sailing here in Indonesia and Asia, with so many other boats (previously Sail 2 Indonesia Rally with 60 other boats) I can assure you there has not been a single other boat out there which we would have preferred for this trip. The Amel 53 simply handles everything in her stride, everything works like clockwork, she is fitted with every luxury we could ever need, and we seem to be living in far better comfort than all the others, sailing faster/ covering greater daily distances, be they on cats or larger mono hulls. Captain Henry Amel certainly did a fantastic job with the Super Maramu 2000's! You will love it!

Good luck with your purchase decision. We hope to meet you on the water some time in your new Amel, and just let me know if you need any advice/ help? We will probably be in Cape Town in Nov 2018.

Cheers

Colin Streeter
SV Island Pearl II, Amel 53 #332
Currently in Singapore