Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Distributed vs. Conventional Electrical Systems

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Craig,

I agree with Alan's point and before we sold BeBe I had decided to place 6 of the Blue Sea 5191 MRBF Terminal Fuse Blocks with a removeable Blue Sea BS5185 (150A) amp fuse on each of the 6 positive battery pairs on the positive post  of the battery and connect the the positive lead for each pair to the newly installed terminal block fuse. My assumption was that the 500 amp bow thruster would not burn individual 150 amp fuses...I may be wrong on this. The fuses are available from 50 amps to 300 amps. Since the fuses are replaceable, I was going to buy extras.

Of course, I have not tested this, so I cannot say that it works and/or whether it is the best solution.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus