SM Furling Motor Brush Dimensions

Ian Shepherd

Hi,

can anyone please tell me the LENGTH of the carbon brushes for the Leroy furling motor when they are new? I am trying to source spare brushes locally or on eBay but do not have a new brush left to measure. Obviously I can measure the side dimensions from my worn ones. If possible can you please state the length in millimeters.

Incidentally, when the motor starts to play up I found that swapping the top and bottom brushes over the best way of restoring normal operations. Cleaning the brush surfaces and the commutator only worked for one or two cycles whereas swapping the brushes seemed to fix the problem more permanently.

With thanks

Ian Shepherd SM2K 414 Crusader Larnaca Cyprus