Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] points to check before buying 2003 Amel SM 2000

Teun BAAS <teunbaas@...>

Hi Steven,

I can NOT be much help to you as I am in the final stages of wrapping up buying an AMEL 54 without having the slightest experience with AMEL’s .

However from my research etc. just know it is a great & safe boat for cruising.

If everything goes according plan I will have in November a private 3 week charter in USVI on an AMEL 54 (LA ROCHELLE) – she survived the hurricanes but now is stuck in the channel due to silt from mountains, ocean as well as sunken boats making it impossible to leave.

Wayne WITT (her owner) is waiting for high tide November 5 2017 to get her out of the passage way – if that fails then my 3 week training charter is cancelled.

My only alternative then is Bill ROUSE who has been retained by the current owner to fly to NOUMEA NEW CALEDONIA to hand her over which includes 1 week training.

In addition, Bill ROUSE is coordinating some experienced AMEL people in the area to join me in the beginning.

Maybe we run into each other – let me know how it goes.

Best Regards Teun BAAS

Oct 19, 2017   20:10:07