Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] SM Furling Motor Brush Dimensions

Ian Shepherd

Hi Hajo,

your dimensions seem quite different to mine and perhaps I should have said the mainsail furling motor. The sides of my brushes are 8mm x 10mm so I guess we are talking about different motors. Maybe Amel changed the motor during the evolution of the SM?

If you are talking about the genoa furling motor then I shall get some spares from Josef Mack as I am sure that one day soon I will need them.

Thank you so much for your help.

Regards

Ian SM2K 414 Crusader (2003) Larnaca.

On 18/10/2017 18:20, Amw amw08@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

Hi Ian,
The brushes I bought have the dimension of 16x6x22 mm.
I bought it at Josef Mack GmbH & Co.Kg , Gießener Straße 49, 3505 Grünberg, Germany
Tel. 0049 6401 2106 09-0, Fax 0049 6401 4910 or info at mack-kohlebuersten.de.

Hope this helps

Hajo
Serafine SM 150
Carloforte, San Pietro

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Am 18.10.2017 um 18:43 schrieb Ian Shepherd sv_freespirit@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Hi,

can anyone please tell me the LENGTH of the carbon brushes for the Leroy
furling motor when they are new? I am trying to source spare brushes
locally or on eBay but do not have a new brush left to measure.
Obviously I can measure the side dimensions from my worn ones. If
possible can you please state the length in millimeters.

Incidentally, when the motor starts to play up I found that swapping the
top and bottom brushes over the best way of restoring normal operations.
Cleaning the brush surfaces and the commutator only worked for one or
two cycles whereas swapping the brushes seemed to fix the problem more
permanently.

With thanks

Ian Shepherd SM2K 414 Crusader Larnaca Cyprus