Re: SM Furling Motor Brush Dimensions

Miles

HI,

As I have recently discovered, Amel used several different motors which had different brushes.  The only sure way to get the correct replacement is to copy the numbers off the plate on the motor and buy them from the manufacturer.  The motors on my boat have different brushes.  I just bought a correct set from the manufacturer branch in Canada (it is on the internet).  Cleaning all of the carbon dust (with a vacuum nearby) also helps the motors.

Regards,

Miles B ,  sm 216, Ladybug , in Newport, preparing to sail to Martinique