Need diesel tank access

eamonn.washington@...

Hi

My super maramu (not 2000) has, I believe, no access to clean the tank.  I know my tank is dirty since after 25 hours running the volvo the cleaned injectors are dirty again.

The volvo is out of the boat for a rebuild (2300 hours, but internal oil leak) so this is an ideal opportunity to create access hatches to the tank and clean it.  Does anyone have the tank specification, in terms of is it a single tank or are there separate compartments, and specifically where should the access hatches be cut?

As a side question, if I installed a day tank would that be a suitable alternative?

Thanks

Eamonn Washington

Travel Bug SM 151

Cleopatra Marina, Greece