Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Amel Stainless Steel Anchor Shank Bend

amelliahona <no_reply@...>

Hi Murray:

Murray Seidel wrote: ".... then we welded top and bottom SS plates to make a new I-beam on
top of the old and thicked the areas between the top and bottom plates on both sides"

Murray, can you give more specifics about the thickness of the material welded on as
doublers to the shank on the top and bottom of the I beam cap plate and base plate? Also,
how far along the shank did you carry the doublers? A photo would be helpful if you are
near the boat.

" Do I need to trash the anchor despite the welding? Any thoughts? "

I am as worried about welding causing stress risers as I am about work hardening of the
metal by bending it back into shape. Seems we need a metallurgist to help us sort this
al out.

Thanks, Gary Silver s/v Liahona Amel SM2000 Hull # 335