Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Need diesel tank access

Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...>

Hi Eamonn
We made inspection hatches on Lady Annila some years ago. Please use google translate on my blogpost. If you scroll down a bit you will see the pictures and the text is just above the the picture.

Regards
ann-Sofie at S/Y Lady Annila, SM 232, 1998

Skickat från min iPad

23 okt. 2017 kl. 08:27 skrev eamonn.washington@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Hi

My super maramu (not 2000) has, I believe, no access to clean the tank.  I know my tank is dirty since after 25 hours running the volvo the cleaned injectors are dirty again.

The volvo is out of the boat for a rebuild (2300 hours, but internal oil leak) so this is an ideal opportunity to create access hatches to the tank and clean it.  Does anyone have the tank specification, in terms of is it a single tank or are there separate compartments, and specifically where should the access hatches be cut?

As a side question, if I installed a day tank would that be a suitable alternative?

Thanks

Eamonn Washington

Travel Bug SM 151

Cleopatra Marina, Greece