Re: Need diesel tank access

eamonn.washington@...

Thanks Bob, Eric and Ann-Sophie.

Based on your feedback I will go for hatch covers to be made, if possible.  Where are the hatches on the SM 2000 ?

I will soon speak to the steel guy and request 3 top rectangular inspection hatches to be made in the 4 forward compartments, and one side hatch in the aft compartment (no room on top).  I was wondering about how to get all the fumes out before cutting.  Ann-Sophies idea of compressed air is good.  I thought of over filling it with water and draining.

The tank is empty now and the fuel will be cleaned outside the boat.  I am busy removing the last little scraps of insulation from the tank.

Regards
Eamonn Washington
Travel Bug SM 151 (1995)