Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Looking for a boat in transit between La Rochelle and the Canaries

Oliver Buhlert

Hello,

maybe you try the website of the ARC https://www.worldcruising.com , Atlantic Rally for Cruisers. A lot of sailing boats are still on the way to the Canaries, Gran Canaria to take part of it. Maybe some of them start from La Rochelle. Even when they are in Portugal or Spain it is much easier to send the spares  from France to Portugal.

I can confirm, that with regular couriers it takes sometimes weeks to get the spares. You can take an agent in the Canaries what makes it faster. I got by myself spares from Amel to deliver to the Canaries they arrived in time because I used an expensive agent of the ARC.

Good luck!

Oliver
SV JoEmi
SM 2000

Am 25.10.2017 um 16:36 schrieb SV Garulfo svgarulfo@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Hi all,

We are looking for a boat that would travel from La Rochelle to the Madeira or the Canaries Islands in the short term to carry some spares for us. We have been told regular courriers are troublesome and unreliable in the Canaries.

We know it is late in the season already but if you know of anyone, or have any advice, please let us know.

Fair winds,

Thanks

Thomas & Soraya
Garulfo