Re: Amel Stainless Steel Anchor Shank Bend

Miles Bidwell <mbidwell@...>

I also had my anchor shaft bend after I caught it under a rock. Amel in
Hyeres straightened it and I hope that it is not weakened. Given the
questions about the affect of bending and of welding on the underlying
strength, I would suggest that someone correspond directly with WASI in
Germany and then inform this group. WASI seems to be proud of their
metallurgy and products and should be able to tell us how best to deal with
this problem.

I am not volunteering to do this because I am on my boat in the Caribbean
and do not have good internet access.

Miles Bidwell s/y/ LADYBUG

SM 216