Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: ONAN Generator not starting

hanspeter baettig

Mark
you  get a new design of your SM
great. Ask Amel how they did the design. The main engine has nothing to do with the the geni
the geni needs not more amp,
the problem is ?
but dont comment problem solving ideas, saying it is not my part number and saying i dont understand anything. I want to keep this forum with tecnical input; serious !!
Mark I dont critices you but I think this forum  questions goes a littel bit
direction not to be "The Amel Blue Water" Familie!
Tamango 2
Hanspeter
SM 16
Gibraltar

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 27.10.2017 um 14:17 schrieb Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Interesting as, just looking at the size of the starters, I would “guess” the engine would require more amp than the generator to start…
If the engine starts, could it be poor/degraded electrical connection to the generator?
Would be interesting to measure voltage, etc.

Sincerely, Alexandre

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: ONAN Generator not starting
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Friday, October 27, 2017, 6:57 AM

Yes it's possible for the starting battery to
start the engine but not the generator. When I bought our
SM the starting battery was almost dead. The engine would
start fine but the generator would not start at all. We had
to start the engine first in order the start the generator
until we changed out the battery.

Mark

SM #440 Cara

Deale, MD USA