From: "greatketch@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>
To: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2017 2:30 PM
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Raymarine - Wind direction/speed failure

Jean-Pierre,

Is your mast head unit the original B&G 213?

If so, it is very unlikely that the problem is at the top of the mast because the wind speed and direction are independently generated and transmitted.  It is POSSIBLE a bad ground or power connection is the issue at the top of the mast, but there is a lot to check before you climb up there.

Here are a couple of good resources for troubleshooting:

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Deltaville, VA
Waiting for the tattered remnants of Philippe to pass by before heading south.

---In amelyachtowners@..., <jgermain@...> wrote :

Hi Gang,

I'm not receiving wind speed or direction from my mast head unit.  The ITC 5 is online and seems to work OK.

Is it likely the head unit is fubar?

Thank you for the help as you may imagine...

Jean-Pierre Germain
Eleuthera, SM 007