Re: Deltaville

greatketch@...

Kent,

We are anchored in Fishing Bay right now.  We will likely be heading south from here tomorrow morning.  The weather forecast looks great.  

We plan on jumping right from here to Fort Lauderdale, where we will be having some routine wok done, and then from there to the islands for the winter, where...  like you we are still deciding exactly where we are going.

Bill

---In amelyachtowners@..., <karkauai@...> wrote :

Hi Bill,
I see you're in Deltaville.  Say Hi to Kieth and the gang there for me.  I just got Kristy to Jacksonville and will be heading S from there after Thanksgiving.  Not sure where we'll end up with all the hurricane damage, but thinking about going to Belize.  Are you going S?
Kent
SM 243 Kristy
karkauai at yahoo dot com

From: "greatketch@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>
To: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2017 2:30 PM
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Raymarine - Wind direction/speed failure

Jean-Pierre,

Is your mast head unit the original B&G 213?  

If so, it is very unlikely that the problem is at the top of the mast because the wind speed and direction are independently generated and transmitted.  It is POSSIBLE a bad ground or power connection is the issue at the top of the mast, but there is a lot to check before you climb up there.

Here are a couple of good resources for troubleshooting:

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Deltaville, VA
Waiting for the tattered remnants of Philippe to pass by before heading south.

---In amelyachtowners@..., <jgermain@...> wrote :

Hi Gang,

I'm not receiving wind speed or direction from my mast head unit.  The ITC 5 is online and seems to work OK.

Is it likely the head unit is fubar?

Thank you for the help as you may imagine...

Jean-Pierre Germain
Eleuthera, SM 007

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.