Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Battery Tester

Oliver Buhlert

Bill Rousse gave us the recommendation for using a digital Battery Tester to check our Batteries. Our buddy boat had a very professional and expensive tool on board and we checked the batteries before we bought them. 
A few weeks later we got our new digital Batterie tester and we tested the Batteries with our „normal“ Batterie tester and from time to time as well with the professional one of our friends. I agree, that there are differences, but they are not huge. For our purpose a „normal“ Batterie tester is good enough. 

Oliver
SV JoEmi
SM 2000 No. 397

Am 27.10.2017 um 15:22 schrieb 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

I have one of these (recommended by Bill R.) They work well and are perfect for my limited needs. Very easy to use.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Grenada

www.creampuff.us

Sent: Friday, October 27, 2017 9:11 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: ONAN Generator not starting

Alex,

I recommend that you buy one of these or similar:  https://www.amazon.com/BA7-100-1200-Electronic-Battery-System/dp/B0015PI7A4

My dock neighbor is a Marine Electrician and laughed at me when I showed it to him.  However, when I tested 24 batteries (12 new, 12 old) the results this tester gave me were all within 5% of a "professional" battery load tester.  It's certainly "good enough" to let you know if you battery is good or not.

Mark

SM #440 Cara

Dealer, MD USA

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.