Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Perkins M 4.154 repairs

Hi Christian,

I have had very good service from parts4engines.com in the UK.

I visited their warehouse and they have an extensive supply of components for Perkins and Volvos.

Good luck.

Jean-Pierre Germain
SY Eleuthera, SM 007

On 31 Oct 2017, at 01:10, calbyy@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I am looking for repair parts to rebuild the Perkins 60 HP diesel engine on Désirade VIII - Maramu N° 116 built 1982.

The engine gave up on me in Tenerife, went in a cloud of smoke as DO went down & mixed with lube oïl, due to faulty oïl pump (worn out - loss of oïl pressure) .

I sourced suppliers to rebuild cylinder head & blocks, but have difficulty finding a replacement camshaft & tappets, as well as a lube oïl pump.

I am now looking for one old Perkins M 4.154, laid up somewhere in the world (as close as possible to Europe would be best) to purchase & use for parts, then refit as spare, as I feel more confident to rebuild & run an old engine than to go for the new generation, driven by computers, to sail in out of the main sea-routes.

Interested to hear from you all who did replace your engines.

Fair winds (as I hope to return to the same)

christian Alby - Désirade VIII - Maramu # 116 - now in Marina Atlantico Santa Cruz de Tenerife.