Re: Spade Anchor

Duane Siegfri

We still have the original 30 kg (66lb) Bugel in Stainless for the main anchor and a 44# Brittany in the spare roller.

We've anchored a lot and have been in winds up to 40 knots and held firm.  The odd thing is the one time we dragged there was almost no wind.  We were anchored in the intercoastal waterway and overnight the tide change caused us to drag, so apparently the anchor did not reset.  We were in muddy sand with little to no grass and had been there for several days.  The anchor dragged around 150 feet then reset.  I wonder whether the boat drifted over the anchor and the chain somehow caught the stock and pulled it out.

Duane
Wanderer, SM#477