Fresh water tanks

smiles bernard

Hi there

On previous boats I've had stainless water tanks

My 1985 maramu has the tanks built into the hull. I guess all the Amels of that era did

The water has a pretty unpleasant tang to it so I'll do some tank cleaning

But I'm due to fit a watermaker soon and wondering if I should fit a small additional tank isolated just for drinking. Something that is easy to clean etc

I wonder if the tart is due to the water tanks being integral to hull.
I'd be interested to hear if others with a similar original setup have issues with unpleasant taste of water.

Many thanks

Miles
Maramu #162