Re: AIS made simple...I think?

svbebe <yahoogroups@...>

John,

I am not sure of the exact answer to your question. The AM/FM antenna
on BeBe, SM2 #387 is located on top of the main mast and appears
identical to the VHF antenna.

I did it this way using the AM/FM antenna wire because it seemed the
simplest way to go...I was not sure if it would work, but it works great.

I am sure the splitter will work fine also.

Best,

Bill
s/v BeBe, SM2 #387

It sounds like I do not need the splitter. I did not realize that the
unit could receive the information via the AM/FM radio input.

Is there something special about the AM/FM radio antenna on that model
of Amel, or can the AIS unit receive its signal from a standard AM/FM
antenna

Regards
John SM 394