From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Sunday, 5 November 2017 5:37 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Replacing AMFA Fresh Water System by Jabsco

Hi Mark,

I didn't keep the accumulator of the AMFA pump, just removed the whole thing and replaced by the Whale. I didn't notice any delay in the arrival of water…

Of course the pump feeds as well the hot water tank.

As explained above, the green light on the 24V panel helps a lot at viewing possible losses in the water circuits and avoid emptying the water tank without notice - I think it's really useful

From our experience, the power of the Whale 24V is enough for fresh and hot water, kitchen or shower use.

I'm thinking at replacing the anchor washer Amfa pump by a simple device like this one but I'm still thinking at a more powerful one because washing the chain is really pressure dependant… Did a member already experience the replacement ? and which model or pressure is convenient ?

Best

Fred. S/V ScentStone SM2K #375

Currently in Australia