Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Iridium Go or Iridium 9555 with Red Port Optimiser

Sv Garulfo

Hi Bill,
Hope you and Karen are well.
After getting our iridium Go and reading your post, we decided to start with the same package as you (rather than unlimited) and see if it meets our needs.
It comes with 150minutes, and I was wondering if you found an efficient way to track your usage. All details on the web (phone / call etc.) seems to apply to the prepaid plans but not ours.
Any tips not to go over the monthly allowance would be appreciated.

Thanks
Best wishes
Soraya
& Thomas
GARULFO, Amel 54#122
currently in Porto Santo, Madeira

On 2 October 2017 at 01:25, greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Cameron,

We use an Iridium Go that  we got through Predictwind as part of our weather package.  We have been very happy both with PredictWind and the Iridium Go hardware and service. We like the robustness and portability of the Go hardware.

We rarely make satphone voice calls, but when we have had the need, they went through clearly and without a hitch.

While underway, I typically download a full set of gribs each morning, and update our weather routing morning and evening.  I post a blog update most days, and get the occasional email. We have never had any overages charge to our account when using the $94 monthly fee.  I wish I could tell you what that includes for data totals, but I can't find it right away.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Back Creek, Annapolis, MD