Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Perkins M 4.154 repairs

christian alby <calbyy@...>

Good afternoon Alan
your testimony confirms our guesses that the only way in is thru the lift pump - daiphragm damaged due to boat laid up for extended period - as my boat was laid up in port for 14 months without running the engine.
diaphragms (dried up & cracked) on all water pumps were found damaged when I turned them on.
the only pump I had not serviced until now was the Fuel oïl lift pump on the engine ...

fair winds

christian alby ( Désirade VIII - Maramu 116 - Santa Cruz de Tenerife

Le ‎dimanche‎ ‎5‎ ‎novembre‎ ‎2017‎ ‎00‎:‎49‎:‎52‎ ‎CET, bazgrayson@... [amelyachtowners] a écrit :

Hi James, I had a Perkins 4108 which had a leaking injector pump. 2 indications of a fault was the engine oil pressure dropped and the oil level rose on the dipstick, confirmed by diesel parts in Houston Texas when they rebuilt the pump. My engine had sat for 2 years between runs.

Regards
Alan Grayson
Hope to be new owner soon