Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Perkins M 4.154 repairs

James Alton

Alan,

   Thanks for this information.  Was there any external evidence of fuel leakage on your injection pump, or did all of the fuel that leaked find it’s way into the crankcase?  I am thinking of going ahead and preemptively changing the shaft seal on my injection pump just for the peace of mind.  I wonder if the seal can be changed without having to open the pump?

  Which Amel model are you considering?

James Alton
SV Sueno,  Maramu #220

Le ‎dimanche‎ ‎5‎ ‎novembre‎ ‎2017‎ ‎00‎:‎49‎:‎52‎ ‎CET, bazgrayson@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> a écrit :

Hi James, I had a Perkins 4108 which had a leaking injector pump. 2 indications of a fault was the engine oil pressure dropped and the oil level rose on the dipstick, confirmed by diesel parts in Houston Texas when they rebuilt the pump. My engine had sat for 2 years between runs.

Regards
Alan Grayson
Hope to be new owner soon