Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Perkins M 4.154 repairs

James Alton

Alan Grayson,

   Thanks for the recommendation, it is good to know that this company has recent experience with the 4-154.   I will give Diesel Parts a call this week to find out the scoop on replacing the seal and maybe even use them at some point to go through the whole injection system.  It would sure be sad to loose a whole engine because of something as simple as a seal failing.

   You must be very excited about your plans to purchase a late model Super Maramu.   I think that the SM is the pinnacle of the Amel designs from what I have seen.

Best of luck,

James Alton
SV Sueno,  Maramu #220

On Nov 5, 2017, at 12:24 PM, bazgrayson@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

HI James, all diesel went into the crankcase, no evidence of leak on the pump. I don't believe you can replace seals without breaking it apart. I recommend calling diesel Parts in Houston, TX.  (713) 926-4439. The guys in the service dept ( 4 brothers) and super knowledgeable about Perkins engines. They rebuilt mine and a good friend with a 4154 also uses them. They are happy to answer any questions over the phone as well.

We would like a late model Super Maramu.
Alan Grayson