Re: Volvo TMD22 RPM problems

asm283 <no_reply@...>

--- In amelyachtowners@y..., rbenven44 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
Hello all,
We hope most of you are out there sailing someplace. We are now
in the Azores, where we sailed to from Portugal, after 5 years in
the
Med. Next is Madeira, then Canaries, and Caribbean.
Recently, we have had a problem similar to that
from "pagandaisy",
posted in November. Our engine won´t rev past 2000 RPM. We had
just
had the injectors service by MAYS in Horta. We have 1670 hours on
the engine, and we have checked all the obvious: clean air intake,
clean fuel and filters, clean prop, new oil in transmission. The
engine goes up to 4000 RPM+ in neutral, but underway, it just stops
at 2000. Throttle linkage is OK, and no black smoke at full
throttle.
Any ideas? The best minds in Horta, as well as a diesel
mechanic
with submarine experience (a South African sailor) can´t find a
problem.
Hi I had the same problem with the Perkins Prima wich is basically
the same engine. The solution was to change the injectors. That seems
to have solved the problem. If you had your injectors serviced maybe
they were not serviced correctly. I hope this helps. please post the
solution when you find it.

V C
Thanks for any input, and good sailing to all.
Roy Benveniste, SM Excalibur, #195