Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Furling Gearbox Differences
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Monday, November 6, 2017, 10:14 AM

One other difference is you'll have to grind
off the cooling fins on the Bonfiglioli if using it for the
mast furler (vs. outhaul) so it can fit inside the mast
opening (at least on the SN).Craig SN68

---In amelyachtowners@...,
<uster@...> wrote :

Since my boat is
equipped with the Leroy Somer Mini Bloc MVA outhaul
transmissions and I have 2 spares of the Bonfiglioli Model
VF44 I wanted to see if they are identical.

Here are the differences I found:

http://nikimat.com/furler_transmission_leroy_somer_vs_bonfiglioli.html

Sincerely, Alexandre

For those of you

who have more experiences with Amel's of different

vintages... are there fitting differences between

the Leroy Somer and Bonfiglioli gearboxes used on

the Mainmast furling system?

Are they interchangeable?

Interchangeable with modifications?  Or just too
different

to try?

Thanks!

Bill