Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] replacing Climma controls

Ken Powers <sailingaquarius@...>

Hello Alexandre,

The Micro Air switch/controller is now installed, but used the help of a good electrical/Aircon Guy to help do it.  Alone, I would have never got the switch to work.

I have not connected the heater function because needed a Triac switch, and I didn't have one.  Didn't know about the required switch until during installation.

The other thing I didn't know..  You have to use the old Run Cap for the Fan Motor.  The fan will not run with out it, and I believe it should go in series with the brown wire.  Yes, I believe the brown wire is connected to the end of the run cap, and the other end of the run cap is connected to the Micro Air control box.  This, I would have never known given the instructions.

Also, you have to use the Start Cap, and the Run Caps for the compressor.  But this is shown in the documentation.

The controller is working great, but have not figured out how to use the switch over wifi.  Very, Very Happy with the current set up now, and everything functioning good so far...

Ken Powers
Aquarius SM2K 262
sailingaquarius.com

On Wednesday, September 27, 2017 8:08 AM, "Ryan Meador ryan.d.meador@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:

Ken,
Glad to hear you arrived at the same conclusion.  We must have been talking to these vendors at the same time.  I've opted not to get the soft-start as I don't think I have one now and it works fine.  I'm told the FX-2 can be configured with a delayed start, replacing the timer module in the existing system.  I look forward to hearing how it works out for you, but I'm going to place my order today on faith that it will work :)  There's a two-week lead time and winter is fast approaching up here.

Alexandre,
Thank you for the photos and diagrams!  I was very sorry to hear of the loss of your boat, and I'm very glad you're still active in this community.  Your posts have helped me invaluably as a new owner.

Ryan
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 7:00 AM, Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Good morning Ryan,
Sorry about your problem…
I can not reply your question, but here is a link when I swap the air conditioning
http://nikimat.com/air_ conditioning_climma_marine_ compact_9_eh.html
Some parts might be of interest for you such as Part 3 and 4
I would also look at Part 12, 22, 23, 24, etc.
As they are similar, I took different pictures and illustrated better some parts than some other.
It will also familiarize you with what to expect, how it looks, etc.

Hope that help.
Sincerely, Alexandre

------------------------------ --------------

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] replacing Climma controls
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups. com
Date: Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 4:55 PM

Hi all,One of the
mechanical Climma air conditioning control panels on my boat
is not fully functional, and apparently these panels are no
longer made.  After lengthy back and forth with
Veco/Climma, Coastal Climate Control, and Micro Air (all of
which have been a pleasure to work with thus far), it seems
the best path forward for me is to replace the entire
"brain" of the AC unit with the FX-2 from Micro
Air and the associated EasyTouch control panel.  This is
definitely overkill, but not significantly more difficult or
expensive than any of the other options, and nets a bunch of
new features (like dehumidify mode, day/time scheduling, and
WiFi remote control).  I'm going to replace the
controls on all 3 units so they're all consistent and I
can take full advantage of the new features.  I especially
think it will be valuable for heating over the cold Boston
winter.
Before I pull
the trigger, has anyone else done something like this?  Any
tips or tricks?
Thanks,RyanSM
233 IterationBoston, MA, USA