Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] replacing Climma controls

Ken Powers <sailingaquarius@...>

Did you get yours installed yet?

Ken aboard Aquarius
Currently in Santa Marta Columbia
sailingaquarius.com

On Tuesday, November 7, 2017 4:33 AM, "Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:

Good morning Ken,
Glad your air conditioning is working great with the new controller!
Definitely looks like you needed the help of a good air conditioning person to make everything work!
Sincerely, Alexandre

Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] replacing Climma controls
To: "amelyachtowners@..."
Date: Tuesday, November 7, 2017, 6:13 AM

Hello
Alexandre,
The
Micro Air switch/controller is now installed, but used the
help of a good electrical/Aircon Guy to help do it.  Alone,
I would have never got the switch to work.
have not connected the heater function because needed a
Triac switch, and I didn't have one.  Didn't know
about the required switch until during
installation.
The
other thing I didn't know..  You have to use the old
Run Cap for the Fan Motor.  The fan will not run with out
it, and I believe it should go in series with the brown
wire.  Yes, I believe the brown wire is connected to the
end of the run cap, and the other end of the run cap is
connected to the Micro Air control box.  This, I would have
never known given the instructions.
Also,
you have to use the Start Cap, and the Run Caps for the
compressor.  But this is shown in the
documentation.
The
controller is working great, but have not figured out how to
use the switch over wifi.  Very, Very Happy with the
current set up now, and everything functioning good so
far...
Ken
PowersAquarius
SM2K 262sailingaquarius.com

On Wednesday,
September 27, 2017 8:08 AM, "Ryan Meador
ryan.d.meador@... [amelyachtowners]"
wrote:

Ken,Glad to hear you
arrived at the same conclusion.  We must have been talking
to these vendors at the same time.  I've opted not to
get the soft-start as I don't think I have one now and
it works fine.  I'm told the FX-2 can be configured
with a delayed start, replacing the timer module in the
existing system.  I look forward to hearing how it works
out for you, but I'm going to place my order today on
faith that it will work :)  There's a two-week lead
time and winter is fast approaching up here.
Alexandre,Thank you for
the photos and diagrams!  I was very sorry to hear of the
loss of your boat, and I'm very glad you're still
active in this community.  Your posts have helped me
invaluably as a new owner.
RyanSM 233
IterationBoston, MA, USA
On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at
7:00 AM, Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@...
[amelyachtowners]
wrote:

Good morning Ryan,

Sorry about your problem…

I can not reply your question, but here is a link when I
swap the air conditioning

http://nikimat.com/air_
conditioning_climma_marine_ compact_9_eh.html

Some parts might be of interest for you such as Part 3 and
4

I would also look at Part 12, 22, 23, 24, etc.

As they are similar, I took different pictures and
illustrated better some parts than some other.

It will also familiarize you with what to expect, how it
looks, etc.

Hope that help.

Sincerely, Alexandre

------------------------------ --------------

On Tue, 9/26/17, Ryan Meador ryan.d.meador@...
[amelyachtowners] com> wrote:

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] replacing Climma controls

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.
com

Date: Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 4:55 PM

Hi all,One of the

mechanical Climma air conditioning control panels on my
boat

is not fully functional, and apparently these panels are
no

longer made.  After lengthy back and forth with

Veco/Climma, Coastal Climate Control, and Micro Air (all
of

which have been a pleasure to work with thus far), it
seems

the best path forward for me is to replace the entire

"brain" of the AC unit with the FX-2 from
Micro

Air and the associated EasyTouch control panel.  This
is

definitely overkill, but not significantly more difficult
or

expensive than any of the other options, and nets a bunch
of

new features (like dehumidify mode, day/time scheduling,
and

WiFi remote control).  I'm going to replace the

controls on all 3 units so they're all consistent and

can take full advantage of the new features.  I
especially

think it will be valuable for heating over the cold
Boston

winter.

Before I pull

the trigger, has anyone else done something like this?
Any

tips or tricks?

Thanks,RyanSM

233 IterationBoston, MA, USA