Problems hooking up new Bamar EJF 1.0 to new Boxtron E14s Any help appreciated!

Porter McRoberts

Dear Amelians, Likely 54ians,

After the prescribed repeat frustrations with the OEM Bamar “Magic” EJFs, I finally decided to make the switch to new Bamar direct drive EJF 1.0s.

They are newly installed on the Foc and Trinquet, forestay and inner forestay.  Wires run below decks to the bow locker and to 2 new E14 Boxtrons.

24v feed is good to both.  power from both (Foc and Trinquet) furling switches is good.

Today I worked with Nance and Underwood here in fort lauderdale as well as a stumped rigging marine electrician who hooked up the E14s as they should.

We find the following:  with E14 and trinket furling switch a click in the furler motor housing, but no rotation.  If we hook up same wiring to an old and existing EM Boxtron, furler works!

Dispite much rewiring, no EJF rotation with the E14.  This occurs with both the new furlers.

The electrician is stumped.  Bamar NA no return phone call.

Any thoughts?

Very appreciated.

Second question:  is the bow locker always very humid?  I’ve re-greased the gasket and tightened the screws.  still seems very humid.  Anyone installed a ventilation fan?

Thanks again.

Porter

Porter McRoberts
954 684 8586c