Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Amel Stainless Steel Anchor Shank Bend

amelliahona <no_reply@...>

Hi David:

Regarding: " I am sorry to disagree - creating an I beam will ensure that you
CANT bend the shank ever again."

David, I am sorry to disagree with your statement, but take a look at the photo
of my anchor posted in the photo section. The shank on my anchor is a forged
(I presume) "I" beam construction and yet it bent about 30 degrees.

AB Marine in Jolly Harbor tells me that they have rendered it straight again by
cold working it in a press. I haven't seen it, and won't for another 4 weeks to
see what type of job they have done but I will post some "after" photos when
I get back aboard the boat.

Moral to the story, anything is possible

Regards, Gary