Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Furling Gearbox Differences

Stephen Davis

Hey John,

Were these gearboxes acquired from Amel or from other sources. If from another source, can you forward that info to me.

Thanks,

Steve Davis
Aloha SM72
Panama

On Nov 7, 2017, at 00:32, John Clark john.biohead@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi All,
   I replaced both outhaul and mainsail furler bonfig  gearboxes and did not have to grind down either one.  Both were bolt on replacement.

John Clark
SV Annie SM 37

On Nov 6, 2017 6:24 PM, "Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

For information, I have 2 NEW Bonfiglioli for sale.
http://nikimat.com/parts_for_sale/bonfiglioli_model_vf44_p1_70_p63_b14_b370_1_reduction.html

Preferably pick up in Sint Maarten, but can ship.

Sincerely, Alexandre

Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Furling Gearbox Differences
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, November 6, 2017, 3:11 PM

Just about to fit 2 new Bonfiglios. Grinding one
down to fit was easy as it is aluminium or something very
similar. Then you need to paint it. I used an aluminium
etching primer and the two or three one part top coats.

Not anticipating an easy job with the Anderson separation,
but I’ve got everyone’s notes to hand!

Ian

Ocean Hobo SN 96 (back in Grenada at last)