Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Sea cock & thru hulls

Craig Briggs

Miles,

In your case I, too, would opt for, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."  Then again, you should be able to just unscrew the ball valve from the glassed-in through-hull without disturbing the fiberglass. Then disassemble the valve, clean it up and reassemble if it looks good, which I suspect it is. Mine had become difficult to operate and the clean up has them like new. Will definitely do this every decade or so.

Cheers,
Craig Briggs, SN#68, back in Ft Pierce, FL

---In amelyachtowners@..., <smilesbernard@...> wrote :

Hi James thanks for your thoughts on his and although I'm new to the amel family I'd agree that the original fittings seem really top quality

I'm  assuming I would leave the original bronze(?) glassed in hull fitting but wondering about replacing just the valve which I believe is non marine.

I'll have the boat out of the water over the Christmas period so wondering if I should lol to replace these ball valves at that point. Given they look so newly fitted and in good shape i suspect I'll vote for the lazy option!

All the very best and thanks for your input on this

Fair winds

Miles