Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Sea cock & thru hulls

Ian Park

Agree Craig,
When I first saw just holes and no bronze on the outside of the hull I thought ?????
Then seeing the glassfibre standpipes with the valves on top - someone’s done this for a reason. Then I discovered all the other strange anomalies of the AMEL that only make sense when you’ve owned one for at least a year. And I’m still discovering.
Anyone noticed why all Amels have ivory decks when everyone else has a glaring, blinding white deck? Why the wavy non slip doesn’t hurt bare feet like the modern diagonal spiky ones do? The insight into dear Capt. Henri’s mind is just overwhelming. No one designed boats like he did.

Ian

Ocean Hobo SN96