Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] phased electronics replacement

Stephen Davis

Hi James,

Try flyboyscd at Gmail dot com, and I'm happy to pass on anything info we have.

Steve
Aloha SM72

On Nov 9, 2017, at 21:19, James Cromie jamescromie@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Steve - I’d like to ask you about your planning for Panama.  Perhaps you would be willing to pass along your personal contact.  I am at jamescromie “at" yahoo “dot” com.

Thanks!
James

On Nov 9, 2017, at 6:53 PM, Stephen Davis flyboyscd@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hey Pat,

I was hoping you guys were going to make it South this season. At least the eastern Caribbean should be put back together by next year. We just got to Panama, and will spend the next couple of months mostly in the San Blas, prior to sorting our canal transit for February.

My experience with the interphase was good, but it was 15 years ago with an almost new unit. Aloha had one when we purchased her, but it had not worked for a while, and we ripped it out. I'm hoping Raymarine comes out with one, as I have all new Raymarine electronics I installed back in April, and am happy with all of it. After my recent experience, it seems like a more critical piece of equipment to have.

Aloha,
Steve

On Nov 9, 2017, at 17:15, Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Steve, I had interphase and found it erratic . The B&G forward scan is much better and would definitely have shown a large rock or ledge. Another nice feature, even when not in the scan mode and without it displayed on the plotter , you have a green area displayed on the plotter in front of your boat that turns to yellow as the depth decreases and then turns red when you enter an area of dangerous  depth , that you set up. Just looking at You Tube of the San Blas , looks beautiful , thinking of doing it next winter.

Have Fun !
Pat
SM Shenanigans