Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: leech length on mizzen ballooner on 54

Dave_Benjamin

Bill,

When we sailmakers supply a sock (aka spinnaker sleeve), we base the length on the leech, not the luff. You want to be able to easily reach the clew and it's okay to have some of the sail protruding from the sock.

---In amelyachtowners@..., <yahoogroups@...> wrote :

Jeff,

Wolfgang gave you the number. I mistakenly said leech when I should have said luff. Wolfgang has the luff at 11,65m. 12.0 meter is perfect for your sock.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 8:04 PM, webercardio@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Jeff
the Mizzen ballooner is 12,6 meter x 11,65 meter x 6,0 meter.
I  have a " Black Box Bergeschlauch"  from  Quatumsails - length  11,8 m , paid 385 ,-€ .
The system works fine

Good sailing to all.
Wolfgang Weber SY ELISE Amel 54 # 162 ( marina di Ragusa /Sicily )
next week in Florida