Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Duo 60 Desallator pressure problem

hanspeter baettig

Hello Duane
why you don't ask Dessalator in Antibes ;they have an excellen engineer who developed the  system together with the Wagner familie.
 Technical and Sales Departments,
Contact: contact@...
Tel +33 (0) 4 93 95 04 55

And yes they speaks englisch. And also the person who will mostly take you call is an expert. I 'dont understand often people ask the forum without get the right answere if even get a reply of their inquirey.
The same with Amel question. Amel has the best "After Sales Support, sav@... in the yachting business!! "  Yes , its not for free, but I like to spent some $ to get the right answer. (and only the right answer) !!
Best regards
Hanspeter
Tamango 2
SM 16
Gibraltar

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Am 10.11.2017 um 19:10 schrieb sailor63109@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

I'm having an issue with the watermaker where the pressure becomes erratic after running normally for 15 to 90 minutes.  You could watch a video of the pressure dial here:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/63wu632zckpu9u1/AAB2tVJwzWvCiczr2W_oWvoza?dl=0

First I'm wondering if anyone else has had this trouble?

The things I've done to try to solve the problem include: replacing the prefilter, cleaning the seachest, checking seawater supply by disconnecting the hose from the watermaker into a bucket, checking connections in case it was sucking air on the supply side.  None of these indicated a problem.

Since the pump motors are constant speed motors, the pressure must be regulated by a "dump valve" on the back of the control panel, which is what the pressure di al must be adjusting.  So the brine line is attached to the dump valve, and it regulates how much pressure is relieved to the waste line which controls the pressure in the membranes.  Has anyone had to replace this valve?  I would expect all the other Desallators operate in a similar fashion.

The other possibility that has occurred to me is there must be a logic board involved to monitor the pressure and will perform an auto shut down (opens the dump valve) if the pressure goes too high or too low.  It seems logical that the logic board could fail in a way that it sends erratic signals to the dump valve.  Anyone have trouble with that?

I don't have an idea on how to test either of these, or if my understanding of how the system operates is even true.  Any information would be appreciated.

Does anybody have any other possibilities I could look into?

Duane

Wanderer, SM#477