Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Duo 60 Desallator pressure problem

hanspeter baettig

Ok DuaneI watched your video 😉
you run it on 24 V via the batteries with the Geni on or with the Geni on with 220 V ?
Drop of voltage ? if running on the batteries even with Geni on.
This is quit normal that the pressure gauge change a littel bit . I saw you operating the pressure knob quit with power. Should not be like that. Normaly you can regulate this terminal smouthly. Ask Dessalator for suggestions. This has nothing to do with the  PCB in the electronic control box in the cockpit port locker. The sound of the low pressure pump is ok.
If I use my brand new Dessalator Duo 100 I'm stand by for 1 hour on the boat.
kr
Hanspeter

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Am 10.11.2017 um 19:10 schrieb sailor63109@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

I'm having an issue with the watermaker where the pressure becomes erratic after running normally for 15 to 90 minutes.  You could watch a video of the pressure dial here:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/63wu632zckpu9u1/AAB2tVJwzWvCiczr2W_oWvoza?dl=0

First I'm wondering if anyone else has had this trouble?

The things I've done to try to solve the problem include: replacing the prefilter, cleaning the seachest, checking seawater supply by disconnecting the hose from the watermaker into a bucket, checking connections in case it was sucking air on the supply side.  None of these indicated a problem.

Since the pump motors are constant speed motors, the pressure must be regulated by a "dump valve" on the back of the control panel, which is what the pressure di al must be adjusting.  So the brine line is attached to the dump valve, and it regulates how much pressure is relieved to the waste line which controls the pressure in the membranes.  Has anyone had to replace this valve?  I would expect all the other Desallators operate in a similar fashion.

The other possibility that has occurred to me is there must be a logic board involved to monitor the pressure and will perform an auto shut down (opens the dump valve) if the pressure goes too high or too low.  It seems logical that the logic board could fail in a way that it sends erratic signals to the dump valve.  Anyone have trouble with that?

I don't have an idea on how to test either of these, or if my understanding of how the system operates is even true.  Any information would be appreciated.

Does anybody have any other possibilities I could look into?

Duane

Wanderer, SM#477