Re: C Drive - service kit 400EUR???

greatketch@...

LO,

Something sounds very strange...  I don't remember exactly, it's been a year since I last ordered these for our Super Maramu, but a price of less than 150 euros seems more in line with what I remember for the propshaft bushing, three lip seals and one o-ring.

The lip seals and o-ring are standard industrial parts.  The bronze wear bushing is an Amel specific part.

The specified replacement interval for the bushing and seals is 800 engine hours.  Most people replace them about every two years, at the normal haulout interval.

I just replaced mine today, almost exactly 2 years after the last time they were changed.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
On the hard at LMC
Fort Lauderdale, FL

---In amelyachtowners@..., <santorinlo18@...> wrote :

Hi Group, trying to service the C drive while the boat is winterised now, got a price indication from Amel of around 400EUR for service kit including some o rings and seal.

Questions are -

Any alternative for this?

Every how long these need to be replaced?

Does this price makes sense?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

LO