Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Amel 54 bow thruster position detection

Peter Forbes

Paul,

The signal wires are two small black wires that attach to two sensors cables tied onto the silver coloured shaft up and down which the thruster motor slides. These black wires disappear into the little grey box on the aft wall of the bow locker to Port.

I tried checking the wires connections into the grey box first could be corroded.

Try this first.

Peter
Carango -Amel 54 #035

On 13 Nov 2017, at 13:21, sharongbrown@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me. I have an Amel 54 with sidepower bow thruster. The indicator light (and sound) for when it reaches the down position has stopped working. Would someone be able to tell me, or show me, exactly where the detector is on the unit so I can check it. I'm hoping its just a corroded connection.
Thanks in advance,
Paul
Ya Fohi
Amel 54 #98