Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Amel 54 bow thruster position detection

Barry Connor

Hi Paul,
I changed the contractor buttons for the up and down, (top and bottom) and then discovered that the connectors from the contact at the bottom was corroded at the joins. It was hard to see the bottom join. We hotwired at first to check that the motor worked, this was done by Olivier at the survey when I bought. When we did it manually by hotwiring we had the light and buzzer working.
I got the new buttons (contractors from RS in UK at about £7 each.
Hope this is some help.
Best Regards
Barry

Barry and Penelope
AMEL 54. #17
‘Lady Penelope II’
Marina di Ragusa
Sicily

On Nov 13, 2017, at 2:21 PM, sharongbrown@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me. I have an Amel 54 with sidepower bow thruster. The indicator light (and sound) for when it reaches the down position has stopped working. Would someone be able to tell me, or show me, exactly where the detector is on the unit so I can check it. I'm hoping its just a corroded connection.
Thanks in advance,
Paul
Ya Fohi
Amel 54 #98